Mama's in town!

>> December 11, 2009

IT's been so wonderful having my Mom in town for some quality time. I feel so lucky to get to see her everyday since I don't have to work. Although two of my sisters run in-home daycares so they have gotten a lot of time with her too throughout the days. We've done SO much Christmas shopping, she has 9 grandkiddos to buy for and three on the way so needless to say she needs a separate savings account through the year for birthdays and Christmas! She loves buying them everything they want, so it's hard to know when to tell her enough is enough. We made a trip to Sams Club which I was leery of for gifts but to my surprise they had EVERYTHING! We were wanting to get Jaelyn a play kitchen for Christmas since she loves helping me cook. We found the cutest one I've seen yet and it was on sale for much cheaper than the ones that were almost 150 bucks! I was so excited as I'm sure Jaebug will be on Christmas morning :) I have a few more things to get and I'll officially be done. It is going to be so much fun with her this year because she actually gets the present concept.

On a growing note, Jaelyn is in 3t clothes now because her little body is not so little anymore, she is SO LONG! I could hardly believe out of nowhere one morning her 2T pants were too short. It's pretty exiciting watching her grow so fast, I wonder who's height she will have...maybe her Auntie Sheena who stands at a mere 6'1" LOL! We don't care how tall she is but if she matches her Auntie we will be buying a basketball hoop soon. She has also mastered the stairs which is so good for working on her foot. The reflex exercises show it's great for her to climb up and down on things so what better than a set of stairs to practice on. All of the sisters have stairs so it was about time she learned how to use them since her younger cousin Tate (1year old) has them mastered already. Jaelyn is now obsessed with going up and down them though, she will ask me to move our gate to the staircase that wraps down to the unfinished basement. I am letting her play on them since she loves it so much. I could tell she felt such a sense of accomplishment when she figured out that it was easier to go down on her tummy one step at a time instead of trying to reach the rails and going down facing forward like us adults. She's so cute these days I can hardly stand it.
I have been slacking on the pictures lately, but will be taking some very soon since Nana leaves next Thursday. I can't wait for her turn to stay at our place next week for a few days. She's made her rounds with her girls and is having so much fun. We are so glad she came for her winter visit because that only means she will be returning in February to see little Nicco Thomas be born! Wowza, February is RIGHT around the corner :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment