Tis' the season ♥

>> November 29, 2009

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. All of my sisters with their families, Tom's cousins, and Auntie Nancy were all here to join in the fun. We hosted this year and it went great. I made a 24 lb Butterball turkey and followed my Grandma's recipe to a T. It turned out juicy, tender, and melted in your mouth! I am so thankful for my family, for each and every one of them. We missed my grandparents dearly but they were with us in spirit and glad they had Thanksgiving dinner with friends back in Missouri. We would have much rather had them with us though! We did a whole lot of eating, talking, laughing, playing games and watching football. It was a great holiday to add to our memories made together.

We're looking forward to Christmas more than ever this year since Jaelyn is going to be able to tear open presents with the excitment of...well a 1 1/2 year old little girl! She is already eye-balling the gifts under the tree and dying to rip them apart. I tell her the tree is hot so she hasn't touched it once except when I gave her the okay to touch an ornament for a photo op :) She's been great with it. HOpefully that sticks for the rest of the time it's up. So the lights have been up on the house, in the house, the tree's been up for a couple weeks now, and I thought I was crazy doing it so early but was overjoyed the day after Turkey Day to have absolutely nothing to do but eat left-overs.

We're having a great holiday season and hoping everyone else is as well! Happy shopping everyone. I know I still have a lot to do!

Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving and a little of my precious family.

Thanksgiving



0 comments:

Post a Comment