It's a BOY!
>> September 9, 2009
We found out last week that we are expecting a little boy in February. Jaelyn came with us to the ultrasound and watched the screen like she was actually aware of the reason we were there. That only lasted a few minutes though and then she was playing with the toy corner they have at the office. Tom was anxiously waiting to hear the word boy or penis ever since we found out we were pregnant. The tech immediately touched my stomach and boom, there was two little legs spread so far apart as if to say "LOOK DAD! IT IS ME, YOUR BOY" Tom got a little teary eyed but to my surprise I didn't. I was SO excited don't get me wrong but I think I was more in shock just because I was assuming we would have another girl. Tom's grandfather had four girls and I guess I just thought he would fall into that pattern. But needless to say we are planning now for a little man to join us. Jaelyn does not grasp the fact yet that there's a baby growing in my tummy although she does laugh everytime her Daddy lifts my shirt and starts talking to little Neiko Thomas! She thinks it's hilarious and starts touching my belly button and talking to my tummy.
I am proud to announce that I am no longer afraid of her being a jealous big sister. I've been visiting Sheena quite often at her in-home daycare these past months and she has a five month old little girl. At first Jaelyn was leery of me holding the baby and would come up and want on my lap too, but now she is totally fine with me holding and/or feeding the baby while Jaelyn plays with the other kids. She doesn't show an ounce of jealousy anymore and actually is so much more interested it the baby than I ever thought she would be. Today she got to hold her about five different times and she did amazingly well for a one and half year old girl! She was SO gentle and did a wonderful job being tender with the baby. She wanted to help me feed her a bottle too, but I decided to wait on that ;)
So I am thinking she is going to fit the role of big sister so well! I'm still feeling great and I think the time is passing so fast this time because I have Jaelyn to keep me busy and keep my mind going a million miles per hour.
I am now on the prowl to find the cutest baby boy bedroom set around! Also looking for a Halloween Costume for Jaelyn and can't wait to take her trick-or-treating this year since she can actually walk this time! She will LOVE IT!
We are already enjoying the pumpkin spice candles and decorations all up for fall! I am now just waiting on the cooler weather and the leaves to change and it will be perfect!
Enough for now! Here are a couple pictures of Jaelyn (from my blackberry) since my camera has been broke now and my hubby finally bought me the Nikon I have been dreaming about for a year. I should have it anytime and not having a camera has made me realize how many pictures I took before. I thought I was a bit over the top with the number of pics I snapped but you know what?! You can never capture TOO MANY memories and I plan to have a daily photo shoot as soon as that camera's in my hands :)
Bye bye for now!
![]() |
| Big sister practice |




2 comments:
ALRIGHT!!!!! yesssss - a boy!
i'm so so so so happy for you!! congrats
Congratulations!
Yep, you are not the only one that puts the fall decorations out on September 1! Mine are out and pumpkin candles are burning!
Post a Comment