Summer's ending ♥

>> August 26, 2009

We are SO ready for fall! Pumpkin spice candles, turning leaves, piles to jump in, bonfires, and so much more that comes with our families favorite season! Jaelyn is a whole 16 months old and acting like she's at least 3. It has become so much fun now that she is able to communicate to us everything she wants! She talks non-stop and most of it we can understand which makes is so much easier as parents. This also makes us all the more excited for the pumpkin patch!
We are making the transition into her new big girl room very soon. It's almost done being decorated and she loves playing in it since we moved the toy boxes and all of her toys into the room. She thinks she's a grown up already and loves laying on the bed and saying "ni ni". We are also in the process of eliminating the bottle she gets at night to go to sleep and giving her the sippy cup she uses during the day. It seems to be working since all I hear on her monitor right now is breathing, steady sleeping beauty breaths. I feel like she's going to be in the perfect position when the new baby comes. Done with bottles, done with cribs, and ready to be a big sister! I am hoping the potty training urge kicks in soon, she loves to sit on her potty and have her baby sit on the baby potty while Mommy goes but she doesn't get the concept of why were sitting there quite yet. I know it will come in due time and she's not even two yet so I'm thinking it's just fine.
I had my 14 week appointment and had a little scare as it took Dr Jenkins a whole 17 minutes to find the heartbeat! Finally she opted to do an ultrasound and as soon as she placed it on my belly there he/she was flipping all over the place, kicking and flinging arms like crazy! It was soooo heartwarming and it brought back so many memories of watching Jaelyn grow in my tummy which seems like yesterday. I am still amazed at the miracle of pregnancy and feel so fortunate to be enjoying this pregnancy so much! We have an appointment for a 3d-4d ultrasound on Sept. 4th and should find out the sex. We are hoping for a boy but of course we will take another sweet faced baby girl anyday.

Here are a few pictures of Jaelyn and her new room and her and her Daddy on his last summer league football game.

Big Girl Room

2 comments:

Keri August 28, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

How is it that she keeps getting cuter everytime I see her picture! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling good during your pregnancy!

Zach, Lacey, Claire and Lyla August 31, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

i can't wait to find out the sex of that sweet little baby either!
she really is cuter and cuter with every picture! i can't wait to kiss her chubby cheeks. come see us soon

Post a Comment