Jae-bug catches a bug

>> December 15, 2008

For the first time in Jaelyn's life she is sick. Last Thursday night Tom and I went for an evening out while my good friend stayed at our house with Jaelyn. When I got home that night I heard her wheezing a little. So of course I was thinking of all of the scenarios that could take place!! I knew it was going to be a cough...possibly a bad one since there was already wheezing. Tom had taken a personal day on Friday and what perfect timing for that. I love when he's here with Jaelyn and I to spend extra quality time together...it felt like a snow day or like he was playing hookie if you will.
I had her up early in the morning since she didn't sleep as sound and comfortable as normal as her nose was stuffy and she coughed about four times throughout the night. I just sensed something was wrong. More than a runny nose and/or a cold. Daddy called Dr. Bowser and they said to bring her right in to take a look. In less than an hour and a half we were in the room with the Dr. She was listening to her chest, looking in her eyes, ears, and some "other places" (will tell that story later). Anyway her chest was clear, lungs were clear, and ears were perfect she said :) I was praying for no ear infections, my sisters have had rough ear experiences.
Jaelyn wasn't coughing at all at this point but I knew something was going on in there. She took a breath in that sounded a bit strained. (more heart break!) The Dr. heard that one little noise and said "YES, it's croup cough". I was heart-broken as I had recently read a lot about it. She started sounding really hoarse and it was so terrible. Tom can't stand to hear her cough. She just started coughing a lot more today so at least it's getting towards the end of it....they say it lasts anywhere from 3-7 days. WE are hoping she gets better really soon, they gave her a small dose of steroids to make sure it doesn't affect her airways and in case it moves into her lungs.
She sounds like she's sneezing and coughing most of it out...I've been putting a few drops of this liquid ALJ (a Respiratory Herbal Supplement) in her bottles. It has totally broken up her cough thank goodness.
Thank you mom for always keeping me stocked up in the au Natural area!

So needless to say we've been super busy, almost done Christmas shopping.
We took Jaelyn to see Santa today, she may have a runny nose and a little cough but she was still all smiles for the Big Guy. She was absolutely amazed by his beard!
She grabbed for it, laughed at him, smiled in awe and he said "I could just take her home right now"!
WE said no CHANCE :)
Enjoy some pics, our dear little girl is a TROOPER! She's so strong and doesn't even act sick a bit...we are continuing to be so thankful and realize how God blessed us with a very, very....near perfect baby!!


Notice her striped leggings Daddy bought her ;) He has cute taste too!


Visit with Santa~Jaelyn's first Christmas

1 comments:

Zach, Lacey, Claire and Lyla December 16, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

poor girl! hope she gets better quick.
she looks soooo long in those pictures with santa. how tall is she now?
give her hugs from us!

Post a Comment