Mommy gets an owie!
>> November 11, 2008
I finally got the results back from my MRI on my left knee a couple weeks ago. They advised I had a partial tear in my miniscus and severe athritis under my kneecap. I went in to have surgery yesterday. They scoped out a lot of cartilage and are hoping that helps with the pain.
I am stuck on the couch right now, leg elevated, ice every 30 minutes.
Tom is waiting on me hand and foot. Bless his heart :) The pain medicine is making me sleepy but not even taking away the pain so that's quite frustrating.
Hopefully in a few days I will be able to walk without crutches or hopping on my right foot. Jaelyn laughs at me when she sees me get off of the couch and start hobbling around the house. It is so cute, she thinks I'm playing a game with her!
It's been so emotional for me not to be able to do the "everyday" things with her that I'm used to. It makes me so thankful for all of the things we may so easily take for granted...like walking, running, doing daily housework even.
Jaelyn is becoming more and more fond of different baby foods. I thought for some reason she would automatically start eating them and liking them.
Not this girl, she was still not sure of the textures in the 2nd stage baby food.
She is loving bananas as does every baby so I hear so we give her those a lot for her snack!
Our daily crawling practice is on hold for a bit, but Daddy is taking my place.
I don't have any new pictures right now but will be back to work snapping photos very soon!
Happy Veteran's Day and thank you so much to all of our troops!! Past, present, and future!



1 comments:
you poor thing! good thing you have a great husband to take care of you both!!
get better soon!
Post a Comment