Jaelyn goes to preschool!

>> September 7, 2011

Jaelyn had her first day of preschool today and did better than you could imagine! She walked right in and said "Mom, I'll be staying here for now. Bye!" turned around and was off! She said hello to her teacher and immediately made herself at home. It was of course bittersweet but I held the welling of tears until I got outside. Tom, Nicco and Channing were all awaiting me in the car for support. Tom cried more than me and boy do I love that soft side in my husband. He loves his children with every ounce of his heart and it shows through and through. I can't believe Jae is already starting school but I could not be happier for her. Seeing her expand her mind and social interaction with kids and adults makes me so excited for her growth all around. So proud of my big girl and pretty proud of myself too for holding it together!! This not-so-little lady hung out by the door for at least 20 minutes before it was time to go.
Showing off her Minnie backpack which she HAD to have from H&M! She has a really cute backpack from Pottery Barn with her name on it but she insisted on taking Minnie ;)
Her brother wasn't very happy when he figured out she was going to be gone for awhile. They play together all day long every single day so it was different for him today! He did great though.
They are ALWAYS picking on each other!
"Let me show you where my backpack goes, Mom!"
Ready to learn!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment