Holy contractions!!

>> May 4, 2011

Today I had a bit of a "scare". With this being my third pregnancy I feel like I'm pretty well prepared for what's to come this time around. Although today took a big unexpected turn for what could've very well been the worst. I started getting contractions around 1:00pm, right after I put the kids down for their nap. I thought nothing of the first few just because I'm expecting to feel them sooner and a bit stronger since my sisters and Dr. told me they would be. They kept up pretty strong, getting stronger as time went on and was tightening up my entire stomach! I started to panic after an hour straight of timing and they were 3 1/2-4 minutes apart. I called the Dr and they wanted me to time them for another hour, drink plenty of water (which I already do) and sit down and relax. After about another 40 minutes of timing them and they were still coming on a regular the Dr called and said she wanted me to come in so she could check me. So I had to wake up my sleeping children, get them ready and in the car and go pick up Tom from work on the way to the Dr. office. Needless to say I was a little panicked! Meanwhile Jaelyn's dancing around in the backseat because she adores the "babysitter Jenny" who runs the daycare at the ob office. Nicco is laughing hysterically because he has pretzel rods, one in each hand. What can I say the kid loves food.
So we finally pick up Daddy and head to the office all the while still getting very regular and very uncomfortable contractions (very uncomfortable CRAMPS!). I am not dilated, thank God. She said it could very well be pre-term labor so to bed rest it for tonight and if they are still coming as of tomorrow she will check me again to make sure it's not having an effect on my cervix. It's 6:46pm and I'm still getting contractions and even more pain after being checked :/ Soo here's to hoping that Channing calms down and whatever has my uterus irritated goes away soon. Dr said there could be something that irritated my uterus or I could be getting a virus of some sort causing contractions. We shall see!

Going into labor a couple weeks early would be great, but not 7 weeks!!! Stay put for a bit longer little lady!

0 comments:

Post a Comment