One Month....
>> March 18, 2010
I can hardly believe it's already been one month since our family went from 3 to 4! Nicco is doing good, growing fast and eating so much that I began to think he wasn't getting enough breastmilk during feedings. He has been up at night (meaning 3-5am) for the past four nights acting like he had a belly ache screaming at the top of his lungs. He has also been spitting up a bit more than I remember Jaelyn doing. So I took him in on Tuesday and the Dr. just recommended I stop eating yogurt (I was eating it about three or four times a day), cut out all caffeine-I was having a few sodas a day, and to try supplementing with a little bit of soy formula if cutting those things out didn't help. It didn't help so I have been feeding him strictly formula today. I am wanting to see if it helps the nightly epidsodes! If it does I might just breastfeed daily and formula at night. It holds him over better for naps too.
Other than that things have been going wonderfully. Jaelyn's the most amazing big sister, helping me with everything. Getting diapers, feeding him the bottles when he gets them, asking to hold him (not nearly as much now as she did the first few days he was home though), asking probably 100 times a day where's baby bruh-er, and always wanting to know where he is at all times. It's the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed and you can just feel the love in every kiss she gives him. He is starting to really focus on our faces and give smiles here and there. I can't wait for him to actually be laughing at us and with us and I know it won't be long.
We had to visit an Opthamologist for a white spot we found at the very bottom of his right iris. They diagnosed it as limbal dermoid and wanted to see about surgery to remove it as it could grow bigger, causing a stigmatisn and damaging his eye/vision. So we seeked a 2nd opinion at a cornea specialist and she recommended since it was so tiny that we leave it alone monitoring it at appts every 3 months. We will keep a very close eye on it and pray that it doesn't grow at all. He's healthy and beautiful and this is a 1 in 10,000 case and so how unique is our boy? ;)
Loving this beautiful weather, we've been taking nice long walks and visiting different parks everyday that it's possible! I am so looking forward to this spring and summer with a toddler that actually listens to me and doesn't run off! It's perfect, Nicco sleeps in the stroller and Jaelyn plays her little heart out!



0 comments:
Post a Comment