Jaelyn is a whole year old!

>> April 27, 2009

We think it is definitely safe to say the past year of our lives has been the best yet. Jaelyn has brought so many wonderful things to our life, the most important though, meaning! We can't seem remember what life was before her ;)
We had a great time for her first birthday. It was so much more than we expected it would be. I knew it would be big (as I have three sisters and they each have kids...9 total :) There is no lack of kiddos in our family, add to that a ton of other people that love Jaelyn and you have a 1 year old party house filled with 55+ guests. I am so glad it didn't rain so we had plenty of room in the house, garage, and the patio. She got so many nice gifts that we are so thankful for! She loves dolls now so her Nana bought her some Cabbage Patch Kids. She recieved tons of new toys, push cars, strollers, an Up-Up Elmo, enough articles of clothing to last all summer long, a riding horse that sings to her. She has been on the go playing with all of the new fun toys since she opened them. She is so nurturing and sweet already with her babies. She rocks them, lays her head on theirs, and gives lots of slobbery kisses.
IN other growing news, her teeth have all come in surprisingly quick compared to her cousins. I gather a lot of information from my sisters which is so nice. Her bottom two teeth came in long ago, then came the top four all at once, and then two weeks ago her molar popped through on her top left. Then three days ago her bottom molar popped through. She was a little fussier than usual a couple days last week (at it's worst, breaking the skin) but other than her sleeping more than usual and running a little fever she was still our sweet girl. We are so lucky...I am thinking she is going to be a terrible two's child or something, I'm waiting for my punishment for being bad as a child!
Tom is doing wonderful at work and we are excited to start planning vacations. We are definitely getting out to San Fran to see my parents. We also are going to visit my grand-parents back in Oronogo, Missouri. So that will be fun to plan.
The hot weather has been so enjoyable, Jaelyn and I have been skipping the gym atmosphere and running outside in our new down town area. I've been clocking the mileage around town :)
It makes it more fun to run when you're in a new place. We finally met our new neighbors directly across the street. John and Rita, the sweetest couple you could imagine after being married for 40 years or so. They seem like family type as they have about five or six cars in their over-sized driveway every Sunday afternoon. I love people like that!!!
So we are loving our new house, the neighborhood is so fun, the street is a little busier than we thought but they made our siding/house out of concrete and the walls were made thicker to keep the sound to a minimum and it's working. I actually like opening up the windows and hearing everything going on...birds chirping, kids playing at the playground a block down, cars driving by at hopefully the 25mph limit!! It's a cute town and we are loving every minute of it.
Jaelyn seems to be too and that for us is all that matters!!!!!

Here are some pictures from her first birthday and some from the zoo. Spring has sprung and we have pics to prove it :) ENJOY!

Spring/Jaelyn's 1st Birthday

0 comments:

Post a Comment