3 whole years.....

>> April 17, 2011

Jaelyn turned 3 yesterday and it's so hard to believe. I remember as if it were yesterday going into labor almost 2 weeks early with my 1st baby. We were putting together our new grill enjoying the Spring weather and along came the contractions. I remember thinking that it couldn't be the real thing, no way was I going into labor early with my first child! Oh but was it ever real. I recall writing down and timing contractions for a long time before believing it was really happening. Labored at home for a good 5 hours and then headed to the hospital. After a grueling 18 hours of labor Jaelyn graced us with her beautiful presence and our lives were forever changed in an instant. She was gorgeous, perfect, and tiny.

No longer is she small, she's a whopping 40 lbs and 40 inches. She's such a big and solid girl. It's safe to say that Tom and I just have large children. Nicco isn't a small lad himself ;)

I've enjoyed so much the past 3 years of our lives. Jaelyn is so smart and so sweet. I could not imagine having a more precious little lady.

We risked having an outdoor birthday party for Jaelyn since it is mid-April. We went to a nice park and of course it was a day that called for severe thunderstorms. We managed to dodge the storms and rain for the party time but the wind was so strong and a bit chilly. There was luckily a fireplace under the pavillion so we had a nice big fire to keep us warm. The kids didn't mind the weather at all and played the entire time on the jungle gyms and swings. She had a great birthday with lots of friends and family!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Happy 3rd birthday to our angel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment