Worst blogger in history.

>> March 16, 2011

I can't believe I became such a slacker on my blogging! I love keeping everyone up to date and promise to be better at it from here on out. This will be a fun and very busy time in the next few months and I need to blog if not for everyone to read to at least have record of how things are going for my 3rd pregnancy! I have been so busy raising two little kids. Jaelyn has grown in to such a beautiful young girl, she acts like she's at least 5 and I'm loving her awesome personality and her do it myself attitude! She's been like that forever but now since she's potty trained she realllly feels like a big girl. Her older cousins have been awesome examples for her to follow so that made the transition even easier.
Nicco is quite the energetic little guy. He's always running around the house, talking non-stop to Jaelyn and always wants to be where she's at. At least in his view, he will scream for her if he can't find her and I find it quite funny how early on they started being "best buddies". It's so much fun to watch them together, to see Jaelyn already playing the role of a big sister showing him how to do things, comforting him when he cries or falls down. She's such a great little helper! I know when Channing comes in June that she will be so in love all over agan only this time she is older, more in tune with babies and the whole process so I can't wait for June!!
I have been feeling great so long as I take my 1/2 zofran every morning around 4am. It's the only thing that stops the vomiting. Why do my girls make me so sick while pregnant?!! I'll never know but it's so crazy how much easier Nicco's pregnancy was than both girls. I am looking forward to not being pregnant because quite frankly it's hard when you have 2 other little ones to run after and care for 24/7. I enjoy it but it's definitely getting harder as my belly is getting bigger.

We had an appt with Jaelyn's Physical Medicine-Dr. Klamar. This is the Dr that diagnosed her with the Cerebral Palsy and has routine check ups with her to monitor her brace and walking/running/jumping. I was really anxious but more excited to hear what he had to say. I knew she has made progress just by watching her walk (flat footed on the right) without her brace. I knew the brace was stretching her foot everyday almost all day long! It's become a part of our routine and I'm so blessed to have such a smart daughter who is so open to having it on. She will tell me if I go over the usual time we put it on that she needs her brace. They told us not to let her know that she has any type of disability but to treat her like any other child. Which of course is what we do anyway :) He almost said she was done with the brace but still noticed she walks a little better with it on so we ordered one more to be fitted/made this month. Hopefully this will be our last brace! He did say she is free to wear it as we think she needs to (anytime we will be walking for a duration) but can go without of course at the pool this summer and playing outside in the grass. I'm so excited to actually get to buy her some fun pretty sparkly sandals to wear since we usually always have to have on our tennis shoes that are fitted for her brace. So needless to say we've been doing a bit of Spring/Summer clothes and shoe shopping :)

About 13 weeks to go until we meet our Channing Mae! So excited!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment