31 weeks
>> February 20, 2008
We are 31 weeks pregnant now!! It seems like it has been forever, and I am glad it's almost over. I am sure I will miss being pregnant a little bit, but I am ready to feel like a normal woman again! I have been pretty sick the entire pregnancy so am D-O-N-E with that part of it.
Jaelyn is about 15 inches (almost 40 centimeters) long and he weighs approximately 3.3 pounds (1500 grams). She's quite large already but not yet developed enough to thrive outside the incubator. Her temperature regulation system is not fully developed, so she cannot keep herself warm. Moreover, she has not yet built up sufficient resistance and, as a result, if she were living outside of you, she would be sensitive to infections.
In a few weeks she will "engage." Then her little head (hopefully) will descend into the pelvis and stay there. The advantage is that the pressure on your stomach will lessen, so that you won't experience as much heartburn as before. But, the pressure on your bladder will increase, so you'll have to pee even more than before, if such a thing is possible!
Sounds exciting huh!?



0 comments:
Post a Comment